To prevent the spread of Covid-19, Bishop Elaine Stanovsky directed local churches of any size and other ministries in the states of Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington to suspend in-person worship and other non-essential ministries effective March 28. Audubon Park has been approved for Phase 2 in the PNW Conference plan for reopening our facility and resuming in-person ministry.
If you click here you’ll find an overview of the guidelines provided by our Bishop for a phased reopening of our church facilities and resuming in-person ministry. This is a summary of a 27 page document provided by the Annual Conference to guide our leaders as we create a plan for our church.
Our leaders and staff created a 23 page plan for our church for Phase 2 that has been approved by our Core Leadership Team and our District Superintendent. Here are the highlights from our plan:
- Our facility remains closed except for essential meetings and work. If you or your group believe your work is essential and that you need to access the building please call us (325-4541) or email us (email@example.com).
- Staff are encouraged work from home as much as possible and should only come to work in the church building if necessary. The phone is being forwarded and staff are monitoring the building and checking mail regularly.
- Our food bank will continue to operate but the Tuesday Breakfast will remain closed.
- Fellowship groups and small groups are strongly encouraged to meet virtually or outdoors with facemasks and social distancing. If your group would like to meet in the building they must receive prior approval. Contact Pastor Geoff for more info.
- Worship will continue online on Facebook, YouTube and our church website. We are exploring a “call-in” option for those who are unable to use the internet to access our worship. We are currently streaming a pre-recorded service but may begin livestreaming worship from the sanctuary in phase 2.
- Some rooms (and even restrooms) are designated as unusable except for necessary maintenance during phase 2. This will reduce the rooms that we need to sanitize. Click here to see a map.
If you must enter the building for any reason:
- You must sign in and out so that we know who has accessed the building.
- You must wear a facemask and maintain a distance of 6 feet from others
- You must use hand sanitizer when you enter and exit the building
- You must sanitize your workspace all surfaces you touch using the supplies and instructions provided.
- When possible, do everything you can to increase ventilation: leave doors open, open windows, use fans, etc.
Most Small groups, ministry teams, or other non-essential meetings from Audubon Park UMC that gather at the church have been canceled or moved online. If you're wondering if your meeting or gathering is canceled contact your leader or email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gatherings that take place off-site should be done with caution and at your discretion. We will keep you up to date as information changes and with any decisions regarding church activities.
We'll communicate updates and additional information as it becomes available on facebook, here on the website and via email. For pastoral care concerns contact Pastor Glenn or Pastor Geoff (email@example.com).
Below you'll find details on some of the ways that our church is responding to our current situation.